Appalachian State University Battle of the Border Schedule
BATTLE OF THE BORDER PARTICIPANT INFORMATION
Congratulations on being chosen to participate in the Battle of the Border Showcase Games. Your success in school, travel and showcase baseball has earned you this unique opportunity to compete in the game. We have a few pieces of information to enhance your experience.
- Please remember we are looking for a good, clean and exciting baseball game from everyone. Let’s all try to keep our emotions in check and display good sportsmanship from start to finish. For the older players – It’s important to note that there will be high school, showcase, college coaches and or pro scouts at the games and you never know when they may be watching or where they are watching from. Again, this is a showcase game, set up for each player to have an opportunity to showcase their skills, please respect each coach, every participant, umpires, our workers and fans.
- Appalachian State University is located in Boone, NC. A Google Map Search will provide excellent directions to the baseball field. A wide range of parking is available around the athletic complex. Please be respectful to the University property and their employees. PARK ONLY IN OFFICIAL PARKING LOTS, NOT ALONG THE SIDE OF ROADS!
- Admission to the Battle of the Border is $7.00 per day. ($4.00 for Over 60 and students) BOB players may attend every game for free
- In the event of a rainout, remaining activities will be rescheduled at a future time, approved replacements will be allowed, no refunds will be given on enrollment, you may work out payment with anyone you suggest as your approved replacement. Games will be rescheduled to accommodate the maximum number of players possible and could be done at any time over the next five months and will be structured in a way to best showcase your skills.
- Our staff will do their best to run a successful event, please keep this in mind with any issues you come upon, patience will find far greater success than raising your voice or complaining in a negative fashion. Thanks for your understanding in advance of any issues. Any unruly behavior or disrespect shown to any of our volunteers will lead to immediate ejection from the ball park. If you an issue you would like to discuss with me, please ask someone to find me and hold your issue until we are face-to-face. Our volunteers are just that, please show them respect. Again, anyone that cannot display respect will be immediately ejected from the facility
- In the event of a weather disruption or emergency, the quickest way we can communicate is via our Twitter Feed:
We will also use an email system to the email address you registered with. Please always check your Spam File.
While we highly endorse the use of Twitter and believe that it is an amazing source of information, you do not have to have an account to view the link above.
UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH PLAYER
(you will receive your team color at check-In)
Jersey: We will provide your jersey, please wear the same jersey in each
game you participate in for your class.
Socks: If you show socks, black is the preferred color
Belt: Black is the preferred color, Navy Blue would look fine as well.
Tuesday August 4
1:00pm Class of 2018 Game 1
4:00pm Class of 2017 Game 1
7:00pm Class of 2016 Game 1
Wednesday August 5
11:00am Class of 2018 Game 2
1:45pm Class of 2016 Game 2
4:30pm Class of 2017 Game 2
*note that 16 and 17 reverse from Tuesday
All report times are 75 minutes prior to your game time on Tuesday and 60 minutes on Wednesday. You will receive your jersey the first time you check in. Check in at front gate of baseball field at baseball stadium.
You will report to the field after check in to gather up with your team.
Game Notes: The main gate at the Ballpark will be open, please enter through that gate only. Admission Price is $7.00 Adults, $4.00 students and Seniors. Please do not forget your uniforms and equipment; we will not have replacements for you at the ball park.
Only park in a true parking spot, do not park alongside the road!!!
- Please note that players, coaches, fans, and other baseball officials will be watching this event from many different angles, make sure you are always displaying hustle and positive behavior.
- Basic Concessions will be available at each venue should the school elect to offer.
- Our staff will do their best to run a successful event, please keep this in mind with any issues you come upon, patience will find far greater success than raising your voice or complaining in a negative fashion. Thanks for your understanding in advance of any issues. Any unruly behavior or disrespect shown to any of our volunteers will lead to immediate ejection from the ball park.
On behalf of Jeff Schaefer and Tripp Roakes, we thank you for playing in the 7th Annual Battle of the Border. Please know that we are here year round to help our Battle of the Border players in any way we can. We both want to help you reach your goals in baseball.
Have a great day and please remember, someone is always watching, so always be at your best on and off the field.
Thanks for your support.